Well, here it is… the Social Media Blogs Top 200. Forget the AdAge Power 150, forget BlogRank’s Top 100 Blogs, forget eCairn’s Top 150 Blogs, and forget WinningTheWeb IM Top Blogs. This is the real thing. The best list of social media blogs in the world.
Why is this the best list?
Ah, glad you asked…
- This Top 200 list makes use of better source data. Sure, I’ve included PageRank, FeedBurner, Alexa, and Technorati. But the calculations for this list even included the average number of comments on the blogs! Now who can beat me doing that?
- Unlike the other lists, this one does not include any blogs that failed to talk about “social media”. I mean, seriously, Bad Pitch Blog? AdFreak? Crenk? Search Engine Land? Why on earth are these blogs referred to by others as “social media blogs” when they fail to write about social media? If it doesn’t walk like a duck, swim like a duck, and quack like a duck, it’s not a duck.
- I’ve included many blogs that are not listed on competing lists. I mean, really… How is it possible to forget about Rough Type? Or Soshable? No list can be complete without blogs like those. And it seems like The Next Web is being boycotted by the other lists. Which is a real shame, because this blog has very high scores. And they’re Dutch, like me, which means they’re good…
- I’m sure the algorithms used for this list are superior to any others. In fact, I described them on this page: How to Make a Top Blog List. You can check and confirm it yourself.
- I’m also quite sure I didn’t make any stupid errors, like listing a number of the same blogs multiple times in the same list… [Hello eCairn, fixed your bug yet? ]
- This list is not some thinly veiled scheme to put a frickin’ badge on your site. I have no badges. Hurray!!
- And last but not least: This list is bigger. And bigger is better. So there.
Oh, BTW: For some of the statistics I happily used the script that was kindly supplied by Steven Machtelinckx. This saved me a lot of time… Thanks Steven!
Here’s the top 100 part of the list. You can download the entire top 200 list here. It includes author names, statistics, and feeds, Enjoy!
Note: The last five columns (Cm .. TA) show the relative score of a blog in a particular category. For example: Dosh Dosh was the 10th ranking blog when sorted on FeedBurner subscriber count. (Only the PR column shows the actual Google’s Page Rank.)
PR = Google Page Rank
Cm = Comments on blog
GL = Google search links
FB = FeedBurner count
AR = Alexa Rank
TA = Technorati Authority
Wait! Don't stop reading now. I have some more interesting lists for you:
- Top 100 Agile Books (Edition 2013)
- Top 100 Best Books for Managers, Leaders & Humans
- Top 100 Software Engineering Books, Ever
- Top 50 New Software Development Books
- Social Media Blogs Top 200
- Top 150 Management & Leadership Blogs
- 100 Interview Questions for Software Developers
- Top 200 Blogs for Developers (Q3 2009)
Get my new book for FREE! Register here.
The Print Edition of #Workout is on Amazon!
This book by Jurgen Appelo is both beautiful and valuable. I call it art!
Stefan Wunder, Germany
#Workout by Jurgen Appelo is one of the most practical management books I've ever read. Highly recommended!
Lee Winder, United Kingdom
A must-read not only for managers, but also for everyone in the organization.
Lemi Orhan Ergin, Turkey
Reading Management 3.0 #Workout makes me feel like I have finally arrived in the 21st century!
Ivo Peksens, Latvia